Vertex Carbon and Cork Trekking Poles, Short
Lightweight, 17 oz carbon fiber trekking poles with a unique 5 section design that allows them to be highly compact yet fully adjustable and durable.
- Compact - Unique design folds to fit any bag, only 14.5 inches when collapsed and deployed easily using a single concealed coated metal tension cord
- Ultralight - Each pole weighs a mere 8.5 oz, bringing the carry weight on your arms to a bit over one lb
- Durable - Made of 100% carbon shafts, 7075 flight grade aluminium connectors and specific shaft length design for an extremely robust construction
- Adjustable - Usable length of 39in to 47in and flick-lock mechanism means you can adjust the poles on the move in any conditions
- Versatile – Long Cork and EVA foam grip with wrist straps for quick adjustment and a range of attachments make the poles best for trekking and hiking, but also usable for skiing, shelter building and more
** Please note: images are of the standard length poles **
Easy to deploy and collapse using a 5 section design and a simple but robust flick-lock for adjustment on the go; the Vertex poles are versatile and functional. Take them out when the going gets tough or put them away when stopping for a quick break.
Vertex pole shafts are not made from one material but two: lightweight and strong carbon tube combined with robust 7075 aluminium connectors and sleeves. The use of both materials means you are getting a highly robust pole that can withstand more pressure than other poles. The aluminium helps to reduce the lower break point from the carbon while the carbon reduces any uncomfortable vibrations the aluminium might retain.
When using poles all day, you want them to be comfortable to hold, use and carry. A long handle combining comfortable cork and EVA foam extension means comfort, firm grip and reduced friction on long days. Adjustable, lightly padded wrist straps ensure your poles will stay with you at all times and offer some relief for your hands in intense situations.
Vertex poles have a tungsten steel tip but also come with a rubber tip for road use, mud baskets for those off trail days and snow baskets so you don't have to buy ski poles too. For easy storage, Vertex poles come with a mesh bag to keep all the mud off your gear.
- 100% Carbon fiber shaft
- 7075-grade aluminum connectors
- Ergonomic treated cork grip with an extended EVA foam handle
- Lightly padded, breathable and adjustable wrist strap
- Push button connector
- Flip-lock for adjustment
- Collapsed Length: 14.5in
- Usable Length: 39 in (100cm) to 47 in (120cm)
- Weight: 17 oz per pair
- Included: 2 poles, rubber tips, mud baskets, snow baskets, mesh storage bag