Sales and Marketing Manager
We at CNOC Outdoors are looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager who is a hustler at heart and loves interacting with people. This is a job for someone who likes high pressure, fast paced work environments all while having a great time geeking over gear. We’re looking for someone to particularly focus on digital DTC sales with a touch of marketing, design and whatever additional added value you might bring to the table!
You don’t need to have outdoors industry experience, but you do have to be a backpacker who has been active (at minimum) as a customer in the outdoors retail market and we expect you to know your gear. You also need to have sales and marketing experience. Ideally, you’re ready to combine these two passions and make some magic at CNOC.
This is a hands-on position while also creating long term strategy for the company. You will need to be comfortable writing copy, tweak websites, build flows and so much more to be part of the company’s growth. Networking and relationship building is a key part of our past growth and you should be ready to have a lot of interaction with people: online, on calls and even in person.
If you don’t know us already, please check us out online before sending in your cover letter and resume. We want to hear from you, the person, as well as you, the professional. Please note, while COVID work situations can be negotiated, in the long term this position will be based in our warehouse in Portland, OR.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- - Help determine company’s sales needs through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, and projecting future performance.
- - Maintain and increase sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors.
- - Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to capture key demographics.
- - Continually develop knowledge of the business climate, applications, competition, industry and market.
- - Create and implement best practices to help achieve optimal customer life value and retention level.
- - Develop, lead and implement the company’s marketing strategy to find new markets, customers and categories.
- - Support the sales cycle of new products from idea to launch, maximizing the exposure at launch and identifying customers category for them.
- - Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field and/or 4+ years of sales experience
- - Hustle mind set with the ability to self-motivate
- - Strong oral and written communication skills – must be a people person
- - Experience setting sales goals
- - Results-oriented with strong analytical skills
- - Adaptive and responsive to change
- - Knowledge and experience with email marketing, segmentation, and email automation
- - Basic knowledge of web design, UX and site optimization
- - Proven experience in DTC sales, preferably digital
- - Comfortable managing peers to achieve results
- - Proficient in Microsoft Office
- - Must be an experienced backpacker
- - Knowledge in design, specifically using Adobe suite
- - Experience with Google Analytics Suite
- - Knowledge of Klaviyo and Shopify
We offer a base salary of $50,000 a year, bonuses, 401k matching after 6 months and open paid time off. We hope to be able to offer benefits next year as the company grows.
CNOC Outdoors is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, religion, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please send your application including resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Sales and Marketing Manager”.