HYDRATION HORROR STORIES COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hydration Horror Stories Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Cnoc Outdoors Hydration Horror Stories Competition (the “Competition”)
- Employees of Cnoc Outdoors or their family members or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
- The Competition is open to anyone.
- Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- To enter the Competition, you must submit an original true story. You must include your full name and your email address. Photographs supporting the story are encouraged but not required.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please e-mail email@example.com with “Hydration Horror Stories” in the subject line.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to Cnoc Outdoors and not to Facebook or Instagram. By participating in this competition, you agree to a complete release of Facebook and Instagram from any claims.
- The Competition runs through the last day of October.
- The competition will be open to entries until 11pm on October 30th. Cnoc Staff will pick the best stories to publish on the Cnoc Outdoors blog on October 31st.
- The starting day for submission is Wednesday, October 17, 2018 and closing for submission on Tuesday October 30, 2018 at 11:00 pm PST. Cnoc Outdoors will pick the top stories to appear on the blog. The participant who submits the story that Cnoc Outdoors determines to be the best, will recieve a 3L Vecto.
- Entries and votes received outside the applicable time period for each month will not be considered for the competition.
- Only one entry is permitted per person in each monthly competition.
- Stories must be on the subject of the worst water the storyteller has filtered and consumed.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You grant Cnoc Outdoors:
Permission for your entry to be published on Cnoc Outdoors websites including but not limited to cnocoutdoors.com and on any social media account controlled by Cnoc Outdoors, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts, and you grant Cnoc Outdoors a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your Competition entry in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in GNM publications) for purposes connected with the Competition and as described in these Terms and Conditions; and
The right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner in the Competition.
You also hereby waive all your moral rights in your entry. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) Cnoc Outdoors may need to modify entries, including but not limited to correcting spelling or grammar, editing for length or clarity, resizing, cropping or color adjustment as necessary, provided that Cnoc Outdoors shall endeavor in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) Cnoc Outdoors shall provide story credit (and picture credit, if relevant) for all entries.
- You own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not describe inappropriate or dangerous behavior, against LNT rules, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Cnoc Outdoors has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions, then Cnoc Outdoors may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her story (and image, if relevant) in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these terms and conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
Picking the winners
- Cnoc Outdoors staff will select at least 3 stories to publish on the blog from all the valid Competition entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Full details of the judging process and the names of the Judges are available on request by firstname.lastname@example.org. Entrants must not contact, or try to contact, the Judges in any way in connection with the Competition, or otherwise, try to influence the Judges’ selection of the runners-up.
When choosing the runners-up, the Judges will be looking for descriptions of water that cause disgust.
The winner will be one of the entries that Cnoc Staff considers to be the best.
The winner will be contacted via email, or phone, if provided within a week of the closing date. If the prize is not claimed within 7 days of notification, winner forfeits the prize and a new winner will be chosen based on the stories published on the Cnoc Blog.
- All decisions regarding the winner are final and binding on all matters related to this contest.
- Odds of being chosen as the winner are dependent upon the number of participants in this contest.
- No cash alternative or substitution for the prize will be awarded.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
- 3L Vecto
- The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prize.
- We retain the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available.
Some other rules
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- The name and county of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Hydration Horror Stories Competition. Cnoc Outdoors, 3376 SE 20th Ave, Portland, OR, 97202, USA
- No purchase is necessary.
- Cnoc Outdoors may pass entrants’ details to third parties and/or otherwise engage third party providers in connection with this Competition where the third party is acting on Cnoc Outdoors’ behalf for the purposes of administering this Competition and/or any subsequent publicity, and/or as otherwise required by law.
- The Promoter of the Competition is Cnoc Outdoors whose address is 3376 SE 20th ave, Portland, OR, 97202, USA. Any complaints regarding the Competition should be sent to this address.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Cnoc Outdoors for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
- Cnoc Outdoors accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting any prize. Cnoc Outdoors further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- Cnoc Outdoors reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Cnoc Outdoors in all matters relating to the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Cnoc Outdoors shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by US law and entrants to the Competition submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Oregon state courts.