The ultimate food kit for the gourmet ultralighter: hot soak the amazing Fernweh meals in a reusable Buc food bag. Get a better price with buying the meals in bulk and get amazing discount on your Buc, too.
Pick the color of your Buc and the flavor of your meal, and off to the trail!
The Buc Food Bag
Optimize lightweight cooking with a sustainable solution: the Buc is a food bag for cooking hot meals or cold soaking ingredients.
The Buc offers a wide opening with a sturdy slider taken from our true and tested Vecto for pouring, mixing, eating and cleaning. Once empty, the Buc rolls into a 7" long snack bar and put away.
Keeping yourself with a BPA, BPF, BPS and PVC free container that will not break like PET or nylon bags.
Light yet sturdy, simply pack your meals in advance (up to 3 servings!), add hot water and let soak as your food dictates. Bonus tip: keep it in your jacket when soaking to warm you up on a cold evening.
- Lightweight and compact - at only 1.9 oz and packed size of 7x1.5x1.5 inches.
- Tethered slider
- Durable- despite the soft material, the bag has a breaking point of 220 lbs
- FDA approved and BPA, BPS, and BPF free
- Please note: TPU is a porous material and so is not completely smell free after production, please clean and air prior to use. Hand wash recommended.
- Capacity: 750 ml / 25 oz
- Packed size: 7x1.5x1.5 in / 17.5x3.75x3.75 cm
- Trail size: 8x7 in / 20.5x17.5 cm
- Weight: 62 g / 2.2 oz
- Made from FDA approved TPU
- BPA free
- Operational temperatures: 20°F (-6°C) to 176°F (80°C)
- Made in China
Fernweh Food Bulk Meals
Delicious Fernweh backpacking meals, now in exclusive bulk packaging! We teamed up with the Fernweh Food Company to make the right kind of meals for the hungry or packaging-conscious hiker: 5 servings in one bag.
Whether you want to make easy food carry for a week, have an easy to share meal for 5 or want the amazing Fernweh meals for several trips, those are for you. And the best way to cook them? With a Buc Food Bag, of course.
What do you get?
- 5 servings vegan meal in a choice of flavor: Mushroom Pot Pie or Southwest Stew
- 100% Compostable, resealable bag
- Serving size and nutrition info on packaging
Mushroom Pot Pie
Mushroom Pot Pie is a stick-to-your-ribs meal and a crowd favorite! This classic mix of carrots, yellow potatoes, seasonal mushrooms, peas and onion is cooked in a creamy coconut sauce, packed with herbs and topped with gluten-free dumplings.
- 4.5 oz. per serving
- 580 calories
- 14 grams of protein
A flavorful mix of roasted sweet potatoes, green peppers, onions and black beans, simmered in a mildly spicy tomato, cilantro and chipotle pepper sauce.
- 4.5 oz. per serving
- 530 calories
- 19 grams of protein